Planning a trip? Here is some quick advice to be sure you don’t have to worry about accessing your money wherever you are in the world.
- Debit card limits - To better prepare for your trip, you might want to consider how you will be using your First Republic ATM/Debit card. Standard withdrawal limits apply; please contact your banker for more information
- Travel Declaration - Prior to traveling, notify your banker or submit a Travel Declaration via Banking Online. This will help the bank provide uninterrupted banking services. You should also inform your credit card company of your travel plans
- Traveling to sanctioned countries – While you are traveling within a country where the United States has applied economic sanctions, First Republic Bank, like all U.S. financial institutions, is required to restrict access to banking services:
- First Republic-issued ATM Card and ATM/Debit Card
- Online Banking
- Banker assistance with transactions and inquiries
- If you are planning to travel to a sanctioned country, contact your banker in advance for assistance with transactions
- ATM/Debit card troubleshooting – If your ATM/Debit card doesn’t work while you are traveling, consider these common reasons:
- The ATM you are using may be out of network. If your card isn’t working, you might want to try another ATM nearby.
- You may be over your daily limit. Please contact your banker.
- You are requesting an amount over the ATM’s limit. You may avoid this by requesting a lower amount.
Feel free to visit our Travel Gallery & Tips page for photos and travel tips from First Republic clients all over the world. The most important piece of advice we can give you is to have a fabulous trip!