ZELLE® AND OTHER PAYMENT SERVICES ADDENDUM
Please read this Addendum carefully. You should use the Zelle Payment Services and the Other Payment Services (collectively, “the Zelle and Other Payment Services”) to pay or receive payments only from people you know who are included in your email and mobile contacts. Do not use the Zelle and Other Payment Services to purchase goods or services from people you don’t know well. When you send funds using the Zelle Payment Services, you are authorizing the transaction, which will happen immediately, and you will not have the right to stop or recall or dispute the payment.
By using the Zelle and Other Payment Services you agree to the terms of the Addendum and the Agreement, which include, among other things:
- that each time you use the Zelle Payment Service, you are authorizing and instructing us to send emails and text messages to the recipient on your behalf;
- that each person to whom we send a text message or email on your behalf has given you permission for us to do so;
- that if you request money from another person using Zelle Payment Service it will not be for an overdue or defaulted debt, court-ordered amounts such as alimony or child support, a gambling debt, or a debt owed to someone other than you;
- our obligations to you;
- your obligations as a user of Zelle and Other Payment Services;
- circumstances under which we may reverse or modify transactions or remove funds from your account;
- the ways in which we may send you notices and disclosures;
- your agreement with us to use binding arbitration for most disputes arising under this Addendum and to waive the right to a trial by jury;
- your waiver of class-action rights;
- limitations on our liability to you;
- your mutual agreement with us that this Addendum will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles; and
- Zelle's disclaimer of warranties, limitations of Zelle's liabilities to you, and your indemnification of Zelle for your use of the Service.
Your agreement to these terms is essential to our agreement to provide the Zelle and Other Payment Services and any pricing that may apply.
1 Overview of Zelle and Other Payments Services
- We have partnered with the Zelle Network® (“Zelle”) to enable a convenient way to transfer money between you and other Users using aliases, such as email addresses or mobile phone numbers (“Zelle Payment Service,” as further described below).
- Zelle provides no deposit account or other financial services. Zelle neither transfers nor moves money. You may not establish a financial account with Zelle of any kind. All money will be transmitted by a Network Financial Institution.
2 Conditions of Use
- THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICE IS INTENDED TO SEND MONEY TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND OTHERS YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICE OR OTHER PAYMENT SERVICES TO SEND MONEY TO RECIPIENTS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST.
- In addition to the Zelle Payment Service, we provide other payment services under this Addendum.
These three payment services and any other payment services that we provide under these Zelle and Other Payment Terms are referred to as “Other Payment Services” in this Addendum. Although future-dated payments and recurring payments are outside Zelle, we may ultimately send those transactions via Zelle when the applicable date of payment arrives, in which case the applicable payment transaction is part of the Zelle Payment Service, not the Other Payment Services. The term “Zelle and Other Payment Services” means the Zelle Payment Service and the Other Payment Services.
- The Zelle Payment Service allows for the delivery of payments to Receivers who are also enrolled in the Zelle Payment Service through a Payment Network designed to deliver payments on the same day and potentially within minutes, although actual speed will vary, as described below. The Zelle and Other Payment Services are not instantaneous. Payment delivery speed may vary based upon the fraud, risk and other funds availability policy of each financial institution, and Payment Network availability. We are not responsible for the performance, speed, or other acts or omissions of the Payment Networks that may be involved in the transmission of a payment. We shall not be obligated to comply with the Automated Clearinghouse (ACH) Rules in such recovery efforts or otherwise in connection with Zelle and Other Payments, unless the applicable transaction is transmitted through the ACH network. We are only responsible for delivery of the applicable Payment Instructions to the applicable Payment Network in the format required by the applicable Payment Network’s specifications.
3 Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance
- Section 6.1.1 of the Agreement does not apply to the Zelle Payment Service. When you enroll to use the Zelle Payment Service or when you permit others to whom you have delegated to act on your behalf to use or access the Zelle Payment Service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Addendum. You represent that you have the authority to authorize debits and credits to the enrolled bank account.
- In addition to the restrictions set forth in Section 6.1.2 of the Agreement, you agree that you will not use the Zelle and Other Payment Services to send money to anyone to whom you are obligated for tax payments, payments made pursuant to court orders (including court-ordered amounts for alimony or child support), fines, payments to loan sharks, gambling debts or payments otherwise prohibited by law.
- You agree that you will not use the Zelle and Other Payment Services to request money from anyone for any such payments.
- The Zelle and Other Payment Services are intended for personal, not business or commercial use. You agree that you will not use the Zelle and Other Payment Services to send or receive payments in connection with your business or commercial enterprise. We reserve the right to decline your enrollment if we believe that you are enrolling to use the Zelle and Other Payment Services with your business account or to receive business or commercial payments. We further reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Zelle Payment Service if we believe that you are using the Zelle Payment Service for business or commercial purposes.
- You must provide us with an email address that you regularly use and intend to use regularly (i.e., no disposable email addresses) and a permanent mobile phone number that you intend to use for an extended period of time (i.e., no “burner” numbers). You may not enroll in the Service with a landline phone number, Google Voice number, or Voice over Internet Protocol. Once enrolled, you may: (i) authorize a debit of your account to send money to another User either at your initiation or at the request of that User; and (ii) receive money from another User either at that User’s initiation or at your request, subject to the conditions of the Section below titled “Requesting Payments.”
- If at any time while you are enrolled, you do not send or receive money using the Zelle Payment Service for a period of 18 consecutive months, we may contact you and/or take other steps to confirm that the U.S. mobile phone number or email address that you enrolled still belongs to you. If we are unable to confirm that you are the owner of the mobile phone number or email address, then you understand that we may cancel your enrollment and you will not be able to send or receive money with the Zelle Payment Service until you enroll again. When you enroll with Zelle, you may establish one or more profiles. Each profile may be linked to only one bank account or debit card, but you may enroll multiple email addresses or mobile phone numbers in each profile. Once you have enrolled an email address or a mobile phone number with a profile, you may not use that same email address or phone number with any other profile.
- If we allow you to enroll the debit card we issue to you with the Zelle Payment Service, then the debit card must be issued in conjunction with a United States domestic deposit account, not a United States territory-based account.
- By providing us with names and mobile telephone numbers, email addresses of Receivers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive through the Zelle Payment Service.
- By providing us with names, bank account information and other contact information for Receivers to whom you wish to direct a payment via the Other Payment Service, you authorize us to follow the Payment Instructions that we receive via the Other Payment Services. Once enrolled, you authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments remitted to you on behalf of a Sender without further approval from you.
- When we receive a Payment Instruction from you, you authorize us to debit your Eligible Transaction Account for the amount of any such Payment Instruction plus any related fees in effect (and as disclosed on the Site) at the time you initiate the Payment Instruction, and to remit funds on your behalf. You acknowledge and agree that any applicable fees will be charged when we receive a Payment Instruction from you, regardless of whether the Payment Instruction is ultimately completed. You also authorize us to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for the receipt of payments, including but not limited to those payments returned to us from Receivers to whom you sent payment(s) and those payments that were cancelled and returned to you because the processing of the Payment Instruction could not be completed.
- You agree that we will not be liable in any way for any payments that you may receive, regardless of whether you authorized the Sender to send them to you.
- We will use reasonable efforts to complete all your Payment Instructions properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transaction because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the Payment Instruction or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The Zelle and Other Payment Services are not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the Payment Instruction;
- The payment is refused as described in Section 7 of the Addendum below;
- You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited, to the correct Payment Instructions or Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name and address or mobile phone number of the Receiver to whom you are initiating a Payment Instruction; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the Payment Instruction.
- It is the responsibility of the Sender and the Receiver to ensure the accuracy of any information that they enter into the Zelle and Other Payment Services (including but not limited to the Payment Instructions and name, telephone number and/or email address for the Receiver to whom you are attempting to send a payment), and for informing us as soon as possible if they become aware that this information is inaccurate. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a payment made to the wrong person or entity once informed, but we do not guarantee such stoppage or recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by the Sender or Receiver.
4 Sending Payments
- You may send money to another User, at your initiation or in response to that User’s request for money. You understand that use of the Zelle and Other Payment Services by you shall at all times be subject to (i) this Addendum, and (ii) your express authorization at the time of the transaction for us or another Network Financial Institution to initiate a debit entry to your bank account. You understand that when you send the payment, you will have no ability to stop it.
- When a Sender initiates a Payment Instruction, the Receiver is not required to accept the payment if the Receiver has not enrolled in Zelle. You agree that you as a Sender will not hold us liable for any damages resulting from a Receiver’s decision to not enroll in Zelle. For the Zelle Payment Service, you may only cancel a payment if the person to whom you sent the money has not yet enrolled in the Zelle Payment Service. As to the Zelle Payment Service, if the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, either in the Zelle Standalone Locations or with a Network Financial Institution, then the money is sent directly to their bank account (except as otherwise provided below) and may not be canceled or revoked. Cancellation is addressed more generally as to the Other Payment Services in Section 7 (Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments for Other Payment Services) below. You may initiate a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated immediately via Zelle. Via the Other Payment Services , you may also initiate (a) a one-time Payment Instruction to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated at a later specified date up to one (1) year, and (b) a recurring series of Payment Instructions to a Receiver for which processing shall be initiated on the specified dates. Further details about each of these options can be found on the Site.
- Payment Instructions initiated to Receivers require you to provide contact information about the Receiver (including an email address and/or mobile telephone number). If the Receiver does not bank at a Network Financial Institution and has not yet enrolled in Zelle, then the Zelle Payment Service will contact the Receiver and request that the Receiver (i) provide information so that the identity of the Receiver may be validated at a Zelle Standalone Location and then (ii) provide Eligible Transaction Account information in order to complete the Payment Instruction (a "Two-Step Transfer"). If the Receiver maintains an Eligible Transaction Account with a Network Financial Institution and has not yet enrolled in Zelle, then the Zelle Payment Service will contact the Receiver regarding enrollment in Zelle and receipt of payment. If the Receiver has already enrolled in Zelle, then the Receiver will receive a message regarding your payment.
- Via the Other Payment Services, we also support the sending of money to Receivers if you provide the Eligible Transaction Account information for the Receiver and other contact information for the Receiver; such transactions are not sent via Zelle. You acknowledge and agree that if your Payment Instructions identify an account by name and account number, the relevant financial institution may execute those Payment Instructions by reference to the account number only, even if such account number does not correspond to the account name. You further acknowledge and agree that financial institutions holding the account may choose to not investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers. We have no responsibility to investigate discrepancies between account names and account numbers, outside of our obligations under the law to investigate errors, described above in Section 2.6.2 of the Agreement (Account Statement and Transaction Errors).
- In most cases, when you are sending money to another User using the Zelle Payment Service, the transfer will occur in minutes; however, there are circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Financial Institutions, we may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person receiving the money. If you are sending money to someone who has not enrolled as a User with Zelle, either via a Zelle Standalone Location or a Network Financial Institution, they will receive a text or email notification instructing them on how to enroll to receive the money. You understand and acknowledge that a person to whom you are sending money and who is not enrolling as a User may fail to enroll with Zelle, or otherwise ignore the payment notification, and the transfer may not occur. The money may also be delayed or the transfer may be blocked to prevent fraud or comply with regulatory requirements. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification). We have no control over the actions of other Users, other Network Financial Institutions or other financial institutions that could delay or prevent your money from being delivered to the intended User.
- For the Other Payment Services and those Zelle Payment Service payments where the Site indicates payment will require more than one (1) Business Day, you understand and agree that when you initiate a Payment Instruction from an Eligible Transaction Account, the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin, and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the day of such initiation. However, you and the Receiver should not expect the payment funds to be transferred into the Receiver's Eligible Transaction Account any earlier than the next Business Day after you initiated the Payment Instruction. As part of the Other Payment Services, if you request a one-time Payment Instruction to be initiated on a specified date or a recurring series of Payment Instruction to be initiated on specified dates, then the processing of the Payment Instruction will begin on the specified date and the debiting of your Eligible Transaction Account will occur as early as the specified date(s). However, you and the Receiver should not expect the payment funds to be transferred into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account any earlier than the next Business Day following the specified date. In addition, in the case of all Two-Step Transfers, the deposit of the payment funds into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account (even if debited or withdrawn from your Eligible Transaction Account) may be delayed if the Receiver has not enrolled in Zelle. The Site may contain additional information regarding the delivery of a payment to an Eligible Transaction Account.
- As to Recipients who have not yet enrolled with Zelle, you acknowledge and agree that we will begin to process the requested transfer of funds once the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information, and you hereby authorize and direct us to retain such funds until the earlier of such time as the Receiver has provided (or we otherwise obtain) all required information or fourteen (14) days have elapsed. You further acknowledge and agree that our receipt of money to be transmitted to a Receiver shall not be deemed to have occurred, and our obligation to complete a Payment Instruction shall not begin, until such time as the Receiver provides us with (or we otherwise obtain) all required information necessary to process the related Payment Instruction in accordance with this Addendum.
5 Receiving Payments
- All transfers of money to you shall be performed by a Network Financial Institution per the direction of that Network Financial Institution Customer and at all times subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant service agreement between that Network Financial Institution and its customer, including without limitation any restrictions or prohibitions on permissible transactions. Once a User initiates a transfer of money to your email address or mobile phone number enrolled with the Zelle Payment Service, you have no ability to stop the transfer. Other Payment Service payments may be cancelled by the Sender as set forth in Section 7 (Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments for Other Payment Services) below. By using the Zelle Payment Service, you agree and authorize us to initiate credit entries to the bank account you have enrolled in the Service. If another person wants to initiate a Payment Instruction (including in response to a Zelle Payment Request, if applicable) using the Zelle Payment Service to an Eligible Transaction Account you hold or, as applicable, if you as a Requestor want to initiate a Zelle Payment Request, he, she or you can do that from the Site or from an Eligible Transaction Account at a financial institution that participates in the Zelle Payment Service or at a Zelle Standalone Location. If you are receiving a payment from a business or government agency, your payment will be delivered in accordance with both this Addendum and the procedures of the business or government agency that is sending you the payment.
- For the Zelle Payment Service, most transfers of money to you from other Users will occur within minutes. There may be other circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Financial Institutions, we may need, or Zelle may need, additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person sending the money. We may also delay or block the transfer to prevent fraud or to meet our regulatory obligations. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated through a request for money, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification). You understand and agree that there may be a delay between the time you are notified of the pending Payment Instruction and the deposit of the payment funds into your Eligible Transaction Account, and you may be required to take additional steps to facilitate the deposit of the payment of funds into your Eligible Transaction Account, such as if we have questions regarding possible fraud in connection with the payment. You authorize the Sender, the financial institution which holds the Sender's Eligible Transaction Account and us (including through the Site) to send emails to you and text messages to your mobile phone in connection with the Sender's initiation of Payment Instructions to you, and, as a Receiver, you may receive Zelle Payment Requests, from others through the Zelle Payment Service.
- You acknowledge and agree that in the event that funds are transferred into your Eligible Transaction Account as a result of a Payment Instruction and it is determined that such transfer was improper because it was not authorized by the sender, because there were not sufficient funds in the sender's account, or for any other reason, then you hereby authorize us or our Service Provider to withdraw from your Eligible Transaction Account an amount equal to the amount of funds improperly transferred to you.
6 Requesting Payments
- You may request money from another User through a Zelle Payment Request. You understand and acknowledge that Users to whom you send payment requests may reject or ignore your request. Neither we nor Zelle guarantee that you will receive money from other Users by sending a Zelle Payment Request, or that you will receive the amount that you request. Neither we nor Zelle accept responsibility if the other User rejects or ignores your request, or sends you an amount that is less than you request. If a User ignores your request, we may decide or Zelle may decide, in our sole discretion, that we will not send a reminder or repeat request to that User.
- In addition to the other restrictions in this Addendum, by accepting this Addendum, you agree that you are not engaging in the business of debt collection by attempting to use the Zelle Payment Service to request money for the payment or collection of an overdue or delinquent debt; to request money that is owed to another person; or to collect any amounts that are owed pursuant to a court order. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers agents and Network Financial Institutions from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from or arising out of any Zelle Payment Request that you send that is related to overdue or delinquent amounts. You agree to receive Zelle Payment Requests from other Users, and to only send Zelle Payment Requests for legitimate and lawful purposes.
- Zelle Payment Requests are solely between the Requestor and recipient and are not reviewed or verified by us or by Zelle. Neither we nor Zelle assume responsibility for the accuracy or legality of such requests and do not act as a debt collector on your behalf or on behalf of the Requestor.
- We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to terminate your ability to send Zelle Payment Requests in general, or to specific recipients, if we deem such Zelle Payment Requests to be potentially unlawful, abusive, offensive or unwelcome by the recipient.
- If applicable, if you as a Requestor initiate a Zelle Payment Request using the Zelle Payment Service, you acknowledge and agree that as disclosed on the Site (a) the applicable service fee will be deducted from payments received by you from a Sender(s), and (b) no service fee will be charged if you as the Requestor do not receive any payments from the individuals to whom the Zelle Payment Request is sent. Further details about the foregoing can be found on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that individuals to whom you send a Zelle Payment Request may not receive, or otherwise may reject or ignore, your Zelle Payment Request. We do not guarantee that you will receive any payments from individuals by initiating a Zelle Payment Request.
7 Payment Cancellation, Stop Payment Requests and Refused Payments for Other Payment Services
- Zelle Payment Service payments can only be cancelled in the limited circumstances set forth in Section 4 (Sending Payments) above. This Section only applies to the Other Payment Services, not Zelle Payment Services.
- Sender may cancel the initiation of a Payment Instruction or stop a Payment Instruction at any time until the processing of the Payment Instruction into the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun. Our ability to stop a Payment Instruction or recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction will depend on the manner in which the Payment Instruction was initiated, and whether the Payment Instruction to the Receiver’s Eligible Transaction Account has begun processing. Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate a stop payment request and to recover funds associated with an unauthorized Payment Instruction, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your stop payment request or request to recover funds in writing within fourteen (14) days after contacting customer care. If we charge you to stop the payment or recover funds, then the charge for each stop payment or fund recovery request will be the current charge as set out in our current fee schedule.
- Payments not claimed by a Receiver who has not enrolled in Zelle will be automatically cancelled fourteen (14) days after the processing of the payment begins. We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied payment to your Eligible Transaction Account or use other reasonable efforts to return such payment to you as permitted by law.
8 Consent to Emails and Automated Text Messages
By participating as a User, you represent that you are the owner of the email address, mobile phone number, and/or other alias you enrolled, or that you have the delegated legal authority to act on behalf of the owner of such email address, mobile phone number and/or other alias to send or receive money as described these Zelle and Other Payment Terms. You consent to the receipt of emails or text messages from us, from Zelle, from other Users that are sending you money or requesting money from you, and from other Network Financial Institutions or their agents regarding the Zelle and Other Payment Services or related transfers between Network Financial Institutions and you. You agree that we may, Zelle may or either of our agents may use automatic telephone dialing systems in connection with text messages sent to any mobile phone number you enroll. You further acknowledge and agree:
- You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data, text or other message services, including without limitation for short message service. Please check your mobile service agreement for details or applicable fees.
- You will immediately notify us if any email address or mobile number you have enrolled is (i) surrendered by you, or (ii) changed by you.
- In the case of any messages that you may send through either us or Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf to an email address or mobile phone number, you represent that you have obtained the consent of the recipient of such emails or automated text messages to send such emails or text messages to the recipient. You understand and agree that any emails or text messages that we send or that Zelle sends on your behalf may include your name.
- Your wireless carrier is not liable for any delay or failure to deliver any message sent to or from us or Zelle, including messages that you may send through us or through Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf.
- To cancel text messaging from us, send STOP to 767666. For help or information regarding text messaging, send HELP to 767666 or contact our customer service at 1-855-886-4819. You expressly consent to receipt of a text message to confirm your “STOP” request.
- Supported Carriers: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and others.
- Your phone service provider is not the provider of the Zelle and Other Payment Services. Users of the Zelle Payment Service will receive text messages relating to their Payment Instructions and other notices from time to time if a mobile phone number is provided. Data and messaging charges from your telecommunications provider may apply, and you are responsible for any such charges. In the event your enrolled mobile device is lost or stolen, you agree to update your enrollment information and make the appropriate changes to disable the use of such device. You understand that there are risks associated with using a mobile device, and that in the event of theft or loss, your confidential information could be compromised.
9 Service Fees and Additional Charges
- You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Zelle and Other Payment Services. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Zelle and Other Payment Services or Site. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY APPLICABLE FEES WILL BE CHARGED REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE PAYMENT INSTRUCTION IS COMPLETED, UNLESS THE FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE INSTRUCTION IS SOLELY DUE TO OUR FAULT, except for those fees that are specifically use-based, such as Zelle Payment Requests, if applicable.
- There may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Eligible Transaction Account for these amounts and any additional charges that may be incurred by you. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts (or Other Eligible Transaction Accounts) will continue to apply.
- You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 6.1.5 of the Agreement (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Zelle and Other Payment Service, including without limitation if we debit the Eligible Transaction Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Eligible Transaction Account.
10 Refused Payments. We reserve the right to refuse to pay any Receiver. We will attempt to notify the Sender promptly if we decide to refuse to pay a Receiver designated by the Sender. This notification is not required if you attempt to make a prohibited payment under this Addendum.
11 Returned Payments. In using the Zelle and Other Payment Services, you understand that Receivers may reject Payment Instructions or otherwise return payments only if the Receiver is not enrolled in Zelle. We will use reasonable efforts to complete Payment Instructions initiated through the Zelle Payment Service.
12 Consent to Share Personal Information (Including Account Information)
In addition to Section 6.1.6 (Information Authorization) of the Agreement, by accepting this Addendum, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information (including bank account information) to Zelle, other Network Financial Institutions and other third parties for fraud prevention and risk management services, and as necessary to complete payment transactions in accordance with our customary processes and procedures, which may include, without limitation, the following:
- As necessary to resolve a problem related to a transfer or payment between you and another User;
- To verify the existence of your bank account, or debit card, as applicable;
- To comply with government agency or court orders;
- To our affiliates, as permitted by law;
- To verify your identity for purposes of compliance with applicable laws, including without limitation the USA PATRIOT Act;
- To comply with inquiries in connection with fraud prevention or any investigation;
- For our general business purposes, including without limitation data analysis and audits; or
Device Data. We may share certain personal information and device-identifying technical data about you and your devices with third party service providers, who will compare and add device data and fraud data from and about you to a database of similar device and fraud information in order to provide fraud management and prevention services, which include but are not limited to identifying and blocking access to the applicable service or Web site by devices associated with fraudulent or abusive activity. Such information may be used by us and our third party service providers to provide similar fraud management and prevention services for services or Web sites not provided by us. We will not share with service providers any information that personally identifies the user of the applicable device.
13 Wireless Operator Data.
- In addition to Section 6.1.6 (Information Authorization) of the Agreement, you acknowledge that we or Zelle may use information on file with your wireless operator to further verify your identity and to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized use of the Service.
- Mobile Subscriber Information. You authorize your wireless carrier to disclose information about your account, such as subscriber status, payment method and device details, if available, to support identity verification, fraud avoidance and other uses in support of transactions for the duration of your business relationship with us. This information may also be shared with other companies to support your transactions with us and for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes.
Subject to our obligations under applicable laws and regulations, neither we nor Zelle shall have liability to you for any transfers of money, including without limitation, (i) any failure, through no fault of us or Zelle to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Zelle Payment Service. THE SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR SENDING MONEY TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHERS WHOM YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE zELLE TO SEND MONEY TO PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST. ZELLE DOES NOT OFFER A PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE (For example, if you do not receive the goods or services that you paid for, or the goods or services that you received are damaged or are otherwise not what you expected).
15 Disclaimer of Warranties
Section 2.10 (Service Provided “As Is”) of the Agreement does not apply to Zelle Payment Services. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ZELLE MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICE. ZELLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICE. ZELLE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
16 Limitation of Liability
Section 2.5 (Liability of the Bank and the Service Providers) of the Agreement does not apply to Zelle Payment Services. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR NETWORK FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF (I) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICE; (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED, EVEN IF WE OR ZELLE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICE OR WITH THE TERMS OF THIS ADDENDUM, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE ZELLE PAYMENT SERVICES.
IN THOSE STATES WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY, ANY LIABILITY OF OURS, ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS OR THE NETWORK FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS LIABILITY IN THOSE STATES IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
Section 2.5.5 (Indemnity) of the Agreement does not apply to Zelle Payment Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Zelle Payment Service and except as otherwise provided in this Addendum, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers, agents and Network Financial Institutions from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorney’s fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, errors or inability to use the Zelle Payment Service, or any violation by you of the terms of this Addendum.
18 Use of Our Online Banking Site and/or Mobile App
You agree to access the Site in compliance with our terms and conditions that we make available elsewhere on the Site, which are incorporated into and made part of this Addendum by this reference.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
“Network Financial Institutions” means financial institutions that have partnered with Zelle.
"Receiver" is a person or business entity that is sent a Payment Instruction through the Zelle and Other Payment Services.
"Requestor" is a person that requests an individual to initiate a Payment Instruction through the Zelle Payment Service.
"Sender" is a person or business entity that sends a Payment Instruction through the Zelle and Other Payment Services.
“User” means you and others who are enrolled directly with Zelle or enrolled with another financial institution that partners with Zelle.
"Zelle Payment Request" means functionality that allows a Requestor to request that another individual initiate a Payment Instruction to the Requestor through the Zelle Payment Service.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
NOT FDIC INSURED │NOT BANK GUARANTEED │ MAY LOSE VALUE