- We never sell client information.
- We have implemented significant physical and electronic security features to prevent unauthorized access to client information.
- We limit employee access to customer information.
- We conduct regular reviews of our computer systems and all security features.
- We conduct regular vendor security due diligence to ensure that our vendors protect customer information in accordance with our security policies and standards.
- Employees are trained regularly in security awareness to optimize customer information protection and privacy.
- Free online software - Rapport by Trusteer - is available to all First Republic Bank clients to ensure the security of data sent through an Internet browser during online banking sessions. We strongly recommend you install and use Rapport by Trusteer whenever performing online banking transactions. For further information on Rapport by Trusteer, see the next section.
- The Internet Security Health Check program offers on-site assessments of your home or business computers used for banking with First Republic Bank.
- For our business customers, we also provide one-time pass code tokens that offer an additional layer of protection for online wire transfers and ACH origination
Enjoy peace of mind with the latest online banking protection software from Trusteer. As a lightweight security software solution, Rapport complements your existing anti-virus and firewall software, locking down your browser and creating a safe tunnel for communication between you and First Republic Banking Online.
- Provided at no cost to our clients
- Takes less than a minute to download
- Automatically updates and requires little to no maintenance
- Protects you against financial malware and removes existing infections
- Safeguards your login credentials from keyloggers
- Ensures you've accessed a genuine First Republic Bank website, not a phishing site
How we contact our customers
First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries may contact you from time to time by mail, email, fax or phone. If at any time you suspect that a communication from First Republic Bank is not legitimate, please call our Customer Care Center at (888) 408-0288 to confirm.
In any case, we will never ask you for your user name or password or for your ATM/debit card PIN.
Online security tips
- Always protect your online banking and email passwords – they are prime targets for hackers. Never use your Social Security Number (SSN), name, or date of birth as a username or password. Change your passwords regularly and use combinations of letters, numbers, and special characters such as # and @ when possible. Do not use your online banking username and password for other online accounts.
- Protect your answers to the security questions that are used in online banking. Select questions and provide answers that are easy for you to remember, but are hard for others to guess and are not freely available on the Internet. Do not write down your security questions or answers and do not share them with anyone. If you have selected security questions on other websites, avoid using the same questions to protect your First Republic Banking Online account. We will never ask you to provide answers to your security questions via email.
- Use secure websites for transactions and shopping. Shop with merchants you know and trust. Make sure internet purchases are secured with encryption to protect your account information. Look for “secure transaction” symbols such as the lock symbol (see the lower right-hand corner of your web browser window or on tool line above), or “https://…” in the address bar of the website. The “s” indicates "secured" and means the web page uses encryption.
- Always log off from online banking and any website after using your credit or debit card, or other sensitive information. If you cannot log off, close your browser to prevent any potential unauthorized access to your account information.
- Be cautious when using public access computers and wireless hotspots. Also secure your home Wi-Fi settings. For suggestions on how to secure your home network, type in “secure your wifi network” in your browser’s search box.
- Install anti-virus software from a reputable vendor on any device you use for online banking and keep it up to date. Also make sure you are running current versions of your computer operating system and browser software.
- Change the password for your public email accounts frequently and monitor the accounts for suspicious activity.
- Verbally verify payment or wire instructions received through email to ensure they are legitimate and have not been modified by a fraudster.