Protecting Your Online Security
How we protect your online security
- We never sell client information.
- We have implemented significant physical and electronic security features to prevent unauthorized access to client information.
- We limit employee access to customer information.
- We conduct frequent reviews of our computer systems and security features.
- We conduct routine vendor security due diligence to ensure that our vendors protect customer information in accordance with our security policies and standards.
- We train employees in security awareness to optimize customer information protection and privacy.
- Clients of First Republic Bank have access to Trusteer Rapport, which is designed to protect users from financial malware and phishing attacks. It is designed to defend against man-in-the-middle attacks, remove malware from endpoint devices and protect customers by preventing them from entering phishing sites, which helps financial institutions detect and prevent malware infections and phishing attacks, maximizing protection for their customers.
- The Internet Security Health Check program offers on-site assessments of your computers used for banking with First Republic Bank.
- For our clients, we also provide one-time passcode tokens that offer an additional layer of protection for online wire transfers and ACH origination.
First Republic will never contact you to request any confidential, personally identifiable or account information including user identification and personal identification numbers (PINs). If you receive a request from someone at First Republic you do not know and you want to validate the call, please hang up and contact our Client Care Center at (888) 408-0288.
First Republic Bank and its subsidiaries may contact you from time to time by mail, email, fax or phone. If at any time you suspect that a communication from First Republic Bank is not legitimate, please call our Client Care Center at (888) 408-0288 to confirm.
In any case, we will never ask you for your username or password or for your ATM/debit card PIN.
Online security best practices
- Always protect your online banking and email passwords — they are prime targets for hackers. Use something unique to you that could not be easily found online, such as on social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram).
- Never use sensitive personal information such as your Social Security number (SSN), name or date of birth as part of a username or password. Change your passwords regularly and use combinations of letters, numbers and special characters, such as # and @ when possible. Do not use your online banking username and password for other online accounts.
- Protect your answers to the security questions that are used in online banking and other sensitive accounts. Select questions and provide answers that are easy for you to remember, but are hard for others to guess and are not freely available on the internet. Do not write down your security questions or answers and do not share them with anyone. Avoid using the same questions that you've used on other websites to protect your First Republic Banking Online account. We will never ask you to provide answers to your security questions via email.
- Shop with merchants you know and trust. Make sure internet purchases are encrypted to protect your account information. Look for secure transaction indicators, such as a padlock icon in your browser’s address bar or an s in “https://” in the web address, which indicates a secure, encrypted connection.
- Always log out of banking and websites requiring sensitive information, such as your credit or debit card
- Ensure your home Wi-Fi settings are secure using the latest encryption standards (e.g., WPA2-AES and WPA2-TKIP do not use WEP) and a strong password. Be cautious when accessing public computers or networks as they may become a vector of compromise.
- Install anti-virus software from a reputable vendor on any device you use for online banking and keep it up to date. Also make sure you are running current versions of your computer operating system and browser software.
- Change the password for your email accounts frequently, enable 2-step verification if possible and monitor them for suspicious activity.
- Verbally verify payment or wire instructions received through email to ensure they are legitimate and have not been modified by a fraudster.
TRUSTEER RAPPORT ONLINE FRAUD PROTECTION SOFTWARE:
Enjoy peace of mind with the latest online banking protection software from Trusteer. Rapport complements your existing anti-virus and firewall software, locking down your browser and creating a safe communication channel between you and First Republic Digital Banking.
- Provided at no cost to our clients
- Quick and easy to download and install.
- Automatically updates and requires little to no maintenance
- Protects against financial malware and removes existing infections
- Ensures you’ve accessed a genuine First Republic Bank website, not a phishing site
*Limit one bonus per customer/User ID for individuals who download Trusteer Rapport. Bonuses are reportable for tax purposes. You must have a First Republic checking or savings account in order to receive the bonus. Your bonus will be deposited within two weeks of confirmation.