Our Commitment to the Community
At First Republic, doing the right thing is at the heart of everything we do — from giving back to our communities to building a diverse and inclusive organization.
“Over the years, First Republic has made loans in communities where others have not. First Republic is also a committed partner in addressing income and wealth inequality in these same communities. Through its innovative banking and education programs, First Republic is helping create opportunity for individuals and small businesses.”
Executive Director, National Asian American Coalition (NAAC)
First Republic Community Advisory Board Member
Commitment to Our Communities: By The Numbers
- Over $7 billion: Since 2010, First Republic has dedicated over $7 billion to finance affordable rental housing and promote community development in low-to-moderate-income (LMI) communities and underserved minority neighborhoods. (1)
- Over 870: First Republic supported over 870 nonprofit organizations in 2018, through charitable contributions, volunteerism, and other support.
- Over 14,600 service hours: Employee Volunteer Program provides every employee with 2 paid work days for volunteerism, with over 14,600 service hours given in 2018.
Community Advisory Board
- Established October 2016, members of First Republic’s Community Advisory Board offer advice and strategic guidance on the bank’s initiatives focused on affordable housing, small business and economic development, and financial empowerment.
Eagle Community Home Loan Program
- At the end of 2015, we created our Eagle Community Home Loan program, which offers special fixed rates, plus dedicated bankers and customized service, to borrowers in underserved minority areas. Since inception, through this program we have originated more than $1.8 billion in mortgages located predominantly in African-American or Hispanic/Latino neighborhoods, directly to residential homeowners.(2) (3)
Our commitment to our communities goes far beyond banking. It’s simply about doing the right thing.
In 2020, the Foreign Policy Association (FPA) awarded First Republic with the Corporate Social Responsibility Award.
For more information on our involvement with our communities download our “Sustainable Culture and Community Engagement” brochure.
To learn more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employee Volunteer Program
Since 2015 this internal program has offered First Republic employees 16 paid volunteer hours each year to donate their time to charitable organizations that make an impact on our local communities, especially those dedicated to education and human services. From January to December 2018, First Republic employees volunteered over 14,600 hours as part of this program.
First Republic Bank is committed to providing the communities we serve with access to financial fitness tools and resources. The program offers a series of short interactive learning experiences to help users get a clear understanding of critical financial topics, including credit scores and reports, insurance and taxes, and identity protection. This program is open to all.
Meals on Wheels San Francisco fosters independence by providing food and supportive services that reduce isolation to homebound people and those living below the poverty level. The Bank’s commitment to this long-term partnership goes beyond financial support — we have colleagues who sit on the board and honorary board of the organization, and numerous colleagues engaged through volunteerism.
Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) helps people rise from poverty, exit homelessness and be healthy. CUCS excels at developing affordable housing and providing integrated programs that link housing, health and social services for New York’s homeless and most vulnerable people. First Republic is proud to partner with CUCS, from helping to navigate daily challenges, to donating our time to serve the CUCS community.
The American Heart Association wants to see a world free of cardiovascular disease and free of stroke. On September 14, 2018, over 600 First Republic colleagues walked in honor of the American Heart Association’s 2018 Greater Bay Area Heart Walk. Our support of the American Heart Association goes beyond this exciting day, from participating as mentors in the STEM Goes Red group, to board and committee service, to acting as founding partners of the Bay Area Young Professionals Board. Colleagues from all parts of the Bank have gotten involved with the goal to better their own health and bring awareness to the American Heart Association.
Mentor-Linc is Lincoln Center Education’s free young artist network and mentoring program available to alumni of Middle School Arts Audition Boot Camp summer intensive, a partnership with New York City Department of Education. First Republic is proud to partner with Mentor-Linc as it provides opportunities for young people to develop socially, artistically and academically by accessing resources at Lincoln Center and mentoring with arts professionals.
(1) Since 2010, through December 2018
(2) Since 2015, through December 2018
(3) Not all properties are eligible. Property must be located within the designated First Republic Bank census tract and secured by a 1-4 unit residential property that is owner occupied, first lien only. Contact a Relationship Manager for details and to determine if your property is eligible for the Eagle Community Loan Program. Loans are subject to Bank's underwriting standards and verification of documents provided. Applicant must meet a First Republic Relationship Manager in person to complete loan application. This can be done at any First Republic preferred banking office. For a complete list of locations, please visit firstrepublic.com/locations.